Searches can be done by term or by using the French index or the English index.
Search Using the Index
- Click on an index button (French Index or English Index) corresponding to the language of the word you are looking for.
- In the alphabet at the top of the screen, click on the first letter of the word you are looking for.
- Using the scroll bar, scroll down through the words displayed on the left hand side until you reach the word in uppercase letters that you are looking for.
- Click on one of the choices (in lowercase letters) listed below the word in uppercase letters to display the corresponding synonyms.
- Enter a word or several words (in French or English) separated by spaces in the Search field.
- Click on the arrow icon to the right of the field to start the search. The queried word(s) will appear in red in the text.
- To go to the following or preceding occurrence of the word(s), click on the double arrows in the upper right-hand corner of the text. The arrows will turn grey when there are no more occurrences.
- To do the exact search of a term made up of several words, enter the words in quotation marks in the Search field. Without quotation marks, the search function will highlight individual words in random order.
© Public Works and Government Services Canada, 2014
TERMIUM Plus®, the Government of Canada's terminology and linguistic data bank
Writing Tools – Lexique analogique
A product of the Translation Bureau