Le guide du rédacteur
Searches can be done either by chapter, by index or by term.
Search by Chapter
- Click on Search by Chapter to display the list of chapters and their titles.
- Use the scroll bar to scroll down through the entries on the left-hand side until you reach the title of the chapter of interest.
- Click on the title to see the titles of its sub-chapters in the left-hand column as well as the entire contents of the chapter on the right-hand side.
- To see the content of a specific sub-chapter:
- Scroll down through the list until you reach the title of the sub-chapter.
- Click on the title to go directly to it, or use the scroll bar on the right-hand side of the text to scroll through the entire contents of the sub-chapters.
Search Using the Index
- Click on Search by Index to display the alphabetical list of entries in the left-hand column.
- If an entry is not preceded by a [+] icon, click on the entry to display the corresponding text on the right-hand side.
- If an entry is preceded by a [+] icon, click on the entry to display the list of subjects covered under that entry, and click on the subject title to display the corresponding text.
- Enter a word or several words separated by spaces in the Search field.
- Click on the arrow icon to the right of the field to start the search. The queried word(s) will appear in red in the text.
- To go to the following or preceding occurrence of the word(s), click on the double arrows in the upper right-hand corner of the text. The arrows will turn grey when there are no more occurrences.
- To do the exact search of a term made up of several words, enter the words in quotation marks in the Search field. Without quotation marks, the search function will highlight individual words in random order.
© Public Works and Government Services Canada, 2013
TERMIUM Plus®, the Government of Canada's terminology and linguistic data bank
Writing Tools – Le guide du rédacteur
A product of the Translation Bureau